Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

G


G is for gate...



giraffe, golf, and...

grape.

I love that little giraffe. I think he is cute and his name shall be Garry.

The gate is made from white satin ribbon sew onto clear vinyl. I went a little hardcore on my gate and put ribbon on both sides so it looks nice from the back as well. I tack glued them down before I sewed so that they wouldn't shift during stitching. 

I hope you noticed the cool hinges. Remember me talking about them on D?

Story goes: I went to JoAnne's and got these really cool hinges in a package of 6. When I got ready to use them and opened them up, there were only 5 hinges and the missing one was the one I wanted most.

I went back to the store, without a receipt, because it had been some time since I had purchased them. I didn't think that this would be a problem because they were store brand hinges and I wanted a straight exchange. I don't understand their store policy because they started rattling things off to me about only being able to give me the lowest sale price (who cares when you want an exchange?) and crap about sales tax. I paid sales tax when I first bought them. However, they made me pay the sales tax again in order to exchange a product that was faulty.

Let me say that I was a little bit pissed off until the trip that I went with my sister and they only charged me for 1 yard of material instead of the 2 that was cut. I say we are even now.

No comments:

Post a Comment